What can you expect?
Experience stunning natural landscapes, wonderful food & wine and a rich local history on a small group tour of Tasmania.
Visit world heritage sites, ancient rainforests, rich farmlands and historic townships. The group will enjoy the beautiful sights of Hobart and its surrounds, including the MONA art gallery and the popular Salamanca Markets. Admire the world heritage wilderness area of Cradle Mountain National Park and Dove Lake. Relax and unwind at the peaceful harbour side village of Strahan and enjoy a luxury cruise along the Gordon River. Explore the spectacular Bruny Island where you will taste world renowned gourmet local produce.
Join your leaders Gianni and Mario from Vita Italian Tours/Pronto Travel on this fantastic 12-day tour starting in Launceston with the stunning Cataract Gorge and finishing with a spectacular scenic drive to Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay.
Come and enjoy the ultimate luxury small group tour of Tasmania and discover all that the beautiful Apple Isle has to offer.
- All land travel in air-conditioned private coach
- Accommodation for 11 nights in 4-star hotels
- 11 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches (2 Course Meal at local restaurants together with a glass of wine)
- 7 Dinners (2 Course Meal at local restaurants together with a glass of wine)
- Wine tasting experience Tamar Valley
- Woolmers Estate Historical Site Private Guided Tour
- Tasmania Parks & Wildlife National Parks Pass
- Gordon River Cruise Premium Upper Deck Experience
- Private Cascade Brewery Guided Tour & Tasting
- MONA Museum of New & Old Art Entrance with Mona Roma Ferry
- Admission to all historical sites, wineries and attractions included in the itinerary
- Services of the tour leaders throughout the tour
- Day 1 Launceston (D)
- Your guided tour begins in Launceston at the hotel in the heart of the city centre. The group will meet in the foyer of the hotel at 3.00pm for an introductory talk with your tour leaders before a guided walk to nearby Cataract Gorge. There will be time to enjoy the spectacular views and an optional return trip on The Gorge Scenic Chairlift. Dinner is at a local restaurant where we get our first taste of Tasmania’s world class produce while overlooking the beautiful Tamar River.
- Day 2 Launceston/Tamar Valley (BL)
- After breakfast we make our way south of Launceston to Evandale: one of the best-preserved historic towns in Tasmania. After a stop for coffee, we proceed to the historic World Heritage Convict Site of Woolmers Estate. This is one Australia’s finest example of a pioneering farm from the early 1800s where we will have a private guided tour. Lunch is at a renowned local winery restaurant in the Tamar Valley. In the afternoon, we proceed to Pipers Brook in the heart of the Tamar Valley for a special wine tasting at one of the regions premier wineries to taste Tasmanian sparkling wine and pinot noir. We return to the hotel by late afternoon. Free evening in Launceston at your leisure.
- Day 3 Launceston/Cradle Mountain (BD)
- Today the group says goodbye to Launceston as we proceed south-west into Tasmiania’s famous Wilderness World Heritage Area, Cradle Mountain National Park. On the way, we will stop to see interesting artwork murals in the town of Sheffield as well as taste some local produce. Prior to check-in at our hotel we will visit the iconic Dove Lake with stunning views of Cradle Mountain. Dinner at the hotel.
- Day 4 Cradle Mountain National Park (BD)
- Today you can take advantage of some of the many walks in the Cradle Mountain National Park or simply relax and enjoy the facilities of the hotel. Private shuttle transfers to and from the park’s entrance as well as the Parks entry pass are included. You may wish to book a spa treatment or massage in the afternoon. Dinner is booked at a nearby restaurant.
- Day 5 Cradle Mountain/Strahan (BD)
- After breakfast we continue to discover the sights and smells of the Apple Isle as we journey from Cradle Mountain to the west coast seaside town of Strahan. Strahan will be our base for the next two nights from where you can explore more of Tasmania’s Wilderness Heritage Area. Upon arrival in Strahan there will be time to check-in to the hotel and freshen up before a walk to explore the town centre. Dinner in a local restaurant.
- Day 6 Strahan/Gordon River (BL)
- An absolute highlight of our tour is our 6-hour journey along the Gordon River on the purpose built ‘Spirit of the Wild’ catamaran. The group will travel quietly and effortlessly upstream into the stunningly beautiful UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. We will cruise in style from the Premium Upper Deck the day will include a light breakfast upon boarding, morning & afternoon tea as well as hot & cold buffet lunch with a selection of Tasmanian cheeses and drinks. Free evening in Strahan.
- Day 7 Strahan/Queenstown/Hobart (BD)
- After breakfast we will travel to Hobart. Along the way we will make a stop in Queenstown. It is the largest town in Tasmania's west, surrounded by dramatic hills and mountains and was once the world's richest mining town. The copper mining and mass logging in the early 1900s created a surreal and rocky 'moonscape' of bare coloured conglomerate. There will also be a stop at the picturesque Nelson’s Falls which is surrounded by lush rainforest. Our lunch stop will be at Lake St Clair, this is the deepest freshwater lake in Australia (167 metres/547 feet) and the headwaters of the Derwent River. We will then travel to Hobart and check-in to our hotel in the centre of the city. Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Day 8 Hobart/Mona Museum (BL)
- Today is dedicated to visiting the world-renowned Museum of Old & New Art (MONA) Australia’s largest private museum. MONA is a must-see attraction filled with extraordinary exhibits and unconventional oddities. The building on the banks to the Derwent River is a drawcard in itself, a subterranean labyrinth across three large levels. We will travel to and from the museum as was intended by the owner David Walsh by water on the Mona Roma Ferry. As well as time to explore this extraordinary museum at your own pace we will enjoy lunch at the Source Restaurant at MONA. Return to the hotel at your leisure by Mona Roma Ferry or by coach. Free evening in Hobart.
- Day 9 Hobart/Bruny Island (BD)
- There is an early morning start after breakfast with departure time at 8am. A private coach will pick the group up at the hotel for the full-day journey to Bruny Island. There will be a brief stop at Kettering for the bus to board the Ferry to the Island. We will make several stops on Bruny Island for some unforgettable photo opportunities and for a taste of local produce. Dinner in a local restaurant in Hobart.
- Day 10 Hobart/Salamanca Market/Cascade Brewery/Kunanyi (Mount Wellington) (B)
- In the morning take advantage of the world-famous Salamanca Market which is located only a short walk from your hotel. Taste local produce and you will have the opportunity to purchase local artisan handicrafts. In the early afternoon we will have a tour of the famous Cascade Brewery before proceeding to Kunanyi (Mount Wellington) to take photos of the stunning views of Hobart and the Derwent River. Free evening in Hobart.
- Day 11 Hobart/Freycinet National Park (BD)
- Today will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of the tour with a day-trip up the Tasman highway to Freycinet National Park. We will make a stop at the picturesque seaside town of Swansea before wine tasting at a local winery and cellar door. There will be a short walk to the Wineglass Bay Lookout for one of the most iconic views in all of Tasmania. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant in Hobart.
- Day 12 Hobart (B)
- Hotel Check-out by 11.00am Morning/Day at your leisure.
The tour is AUD $4,890.00 per person in twin share. A deposit of AUD $500.00 is required to reserve a place on the tour which is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The full balance is due 60 days before departure. Single supplements are available.
We recommend that you carefully read the terms & conditions applying to a Vita Italian Tour. Please refer to the Booking Page of our website vitaitaliantours.com.au/bookingsDOWNLOAD ITINERARY
The weather: It is the start of Spring. The average daily spring temperatures differ from north to south Tasmania but can typically be between 17 and 11 degrees celsius. We recommend warm, light, comfortable clothing, including a waterproof outer layer and your favourite walking shoes. We do not place age limitations on the tour and welcome anyone with a moderate level of physical fitness. It is important to note that the countryside is undulating and hilly. Be expected to spend a few hours a day at a time on your feet with breaks for sightseeing, coffee and a taste of the local wine and produce.
The program appears to be full; however, it is mixed with long restful lunches and leisure time for your enjoyment and comfort.
If you need to, you can always take time off from the organised program.
Items not included
- Transport to and from Tasmania at the start and end of the tour (flights/transfers can be included as a part of your travel package on request)
- Admission fees to places other than those specifically itemised in the itinerary
- Meals on tour except when specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinks outside normal mealtimes or additional wine and other drinks in restaurants
such as Tea & Coffee
- Personal transport costs, phone calls and other personal needs