What can you expect?
Come with us as we explore King Valley in Victoria’s High Country known as Australia’s little Italy. The picturesque and bountiful King Valley is located at the foothills of the Alpine National Park, surrounded by mountains, rivers and rolling vineyards. With vineyards perched on the fertile slopes you could be forgiven for thinking you have been transported to the famous hills of Northern Italy.
From the gourmet epicentre of the Milawa Region and its surrounds we will discover the regions great Italian varietal wines and meet the families that produce them. Enjoy the everything this region has to offer on an intimate small group tour together with travellers who love food & wine and great company.
We have 2 & 3 nights Food & Wine Packages available to choose from. Prices starting from $815 per person depending on the package selected.
- All land travel in air-conditioned mini coach.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3-nights in 4-star hotel in Wangaratta.
- Complimentary welcome drinks.
- 1 Lunch (2 Course Meal at award winning winery restaurant together with a glass of wine).
- 1 Dinner (2 Course Meal at local restaurant in Wangaratta together with a glass of wine).
- Exclusive ‘beyond the cellar door’ wine tasting experience
- Admission to all wineries and historical sites included in the itinerary.
- Services of the tour leaders throughout the tour.
- Day 1 Wangaratta
- Your tour leaders will meet you at the hotel in the centre of Wangaratta at 5.00pm. There will be introductions and a small talk on the tour as well as a complimentary welcome drink.
- Day 2 Wangaratta/King Valley Wine Trail (BL)
- In the morning our journey begins from Wangaratta in our own private coach travelling south toward Milawa and the heart of the King Valley wine growing district. On the way we will make several stops at some of the best producers for cellar tours, coffee and of course wine tastings. A gourmet lunch is included as we are the guests of one of the regions premium family wineries with a dedicated set menu highlighting the best produce of the area. Our private coach will return us to Wangaratta at 5.00pm. You have the evening free to rest or enjoy the Wangaratta town centre.
- Day 3 Wangaratta/King Valley Wine Trail (BD)
- On our second day in King Valley the morning is dedicated to sampling some local produce. We start with a visit to one of the regions renowned cheese makers as well as a local Apiary producing exquisite honey. We continue our journey to one of the renowned family wineries of King Valley and go beyond the cellar door for an exclusive private wine tasting experience and meet the names behind the wine. In the afternoon we will continue to experience more of this beautiful region with a visit to several other local wineries. Farewell dinner in a local restaurant in Wangaratta.
- Day 4 Wangaratta (B)
- For those with a 3-Night Food & Wine Package your tour ends after breakfast at the accommodation in Wangaratta.
- 2-Night Food & Wine Package: the tour is AUD $815.00 per person in twin share. A deposit of AUD $250.00 is required to reserve a place on the tour which is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The full balance is due 90 days before departure. Single supplements are available at an additional cost of AUD $190.00 (limited availability).
- 3-Night Food & Wine Package: the tour is AUD $990.00 per person in twin share. A deposit of AUD $250.00 per person is required to reserve a place on the tour which is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The full balance is due 90 days before departure. Single supplements are available at an additional cost of AUD $295.00 (limited availability).
The program appears to be full; however, it is mixed with long restful lunches and leisure time for your enjoyment and comfort. If you need to, you can always take time off from the organised program.
We recommend that you carefully read the terms & conditions applying to a Vita Italian Tour. Please refer to the Booking Page of our website vitaitaliantours.com.au/bookingsDOWNLOAD ITINERARY
The weather: it is grape harvest time in Autumn. It can get warm during the day however the evenings are cool. We recommend light, comfortable clothing, a light jacket with your favourite walking shoes. We do not place age limitations on the tour and welcome anyone with a moderate level of physical fitness. It is important to note that the countryside is undulating and hilly. Be expected to spend a few hours a day at a time on your feet with breaks for sightseeing, coffee and a taste of the local wine and produce.
The program appears to be full; however, it is mixed with long restful lunches and leisure time for your enjoyment and comfort.
If you need to, you can always take time off from the organised program.
Items not included
- Transport to and from Wangaratta at the start and end of the tour (transfers can be included as a part of your travel package on request).
- Admission fees to places other than those specifically itemised in the itinerary.
- Meals on tour except when specifically mentioned in the itinerary.
- Drinks outside normal mealtimes or additional wine and other drinks in restaurants such as Tea & Coffee.
- Personal transport costs, phone calls and other personal needs.