What can you expect?
The picturesque and bountiful King Valley is located at the foothills of the Alpine National Park, surrounded by mountains, rivers and rolling vineyards.
Come with us as we explore King Valley in Victoria’s High Country known as Australia’s little Italy for the celebrated La Dolce Vita Wine & Food Festival. With picturesque vineyards, perched on the fertile slopes you could be forgiven for thinking you have been transported to the famous hills of Northern Italy.
From the gourmet epicentre of the Milawa Region and its surrounds we will discover the regions great Italian varietal wines and meet the families that produce them. Enjoy the festival on an intimate small group tour with travellers who love food & wine and great company.
We have 2 & 3 nights Food & Wine Packages available to choose from. Prices starting from $760 per person depending on the package selected.
- All land travel in air-conditioned mini coach.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 nights in 4-star motel/hotel in Wangaratta.
- La Dolce Vita Festival tickets which include entrance to all participating wineries, free wine tastings, entertainment, and either a souvenir Spiegelau tasting glass (drinkers) or reusable water bottle (non-drinkers).
- 1 Lunch (2 Course Meal at award winning winery restaurant together with a glass of wine).
- 1 Dinner (2 Course Meal at local restaurant in Wangaratta together with a glass of wine).
- Admission to all wineries and historical sites included in the itinerary.
- Services of the tour leaders throughout the tour.
- Day 1 Wangaratta
- Your tour leaders will meet you at the hotel/motel in the centre of Wangaratta at 6.00pm, where there will be introductions and a small talk on the tour. There will then be an optional guided leisurely evening stroll through Wangaratta town centre with welcome drinks at a local venue.
- Day 2 Wangaratta/King Valley Wine Trail (BL)
- In the morning our journey begins as we depart from Wangaratta in our own private coach as we travel south toward Milawa and the heart of the King Valley wine growing district. On the way we will make several stops at some of the best producers for cellar tours, coffee and of course wine tastings. A gourmet lunch is included as we are the guests of one of the regions premium family wineries with a dedicated set menu highlighting the best produce of the area. Our private coach will return us to Wangaratta at 5.00pm. You have the evening free to rest or enjoy the Wangaratta town centre.
- Day 3 Wangaratta/King Valley Wine Trail (BD)
- On our second day in King Valley the morning is dedicated to sampling some local produce. We start with a visit to one of the regions renowned cheese makers for a tasting as well as a local Apiary producing exquisite honey. We continue to enjoy and experience more of the festival with a visit to several other participating wineries. Farewell dinner in a local restaurant in Wangaratta.
- Day 4 Wangaratta (B)
- For those with a 3-Night Food & Wine Package your tour ends after breakfast at the accommodation in Wangaratta.
- 2-Night Food & Wine Package: the tour is AUD $760.00 per person in twin share. A deposit of AUD $250.00 is required to reserve a place on the tour which is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The full balance is due 90 days before departure. Single supplements are available at an additional cost of AUD $190.00 (limited availability).
- 3-Night Food & Wine Package: the tour is AUD $899.00 per person in twin share. A deposit of AUD $250.00 per person is required to reserve a place on the tour which is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled. The full balance is due 90 days before departure. Single supplements are available at an additional cost of AUD $280.00 (limited availability).
Download the full itinerary here. The program appears to be full; however, it is mixed with long restful lunches and leisure time for your enjoyment and comfort. If you need to, you can always take time off from the organised program.
We recommend that you carefully read the terms & conditions applying to a Vita Italian Tour. Please refer to the Booking Page of our website vitaitaliantours.com.au/bookingsDOWNLOAD ITINERARY
The weather: it is the start of spring. It can get warm during the day however the evenings are cool. We recommend light, comfortable clothing, a light jacket with your favourite walking shoes. We do not place age limitations on the tour and welcome anyone with a moderate level of physical fitness. It is important to note that the countryside is undulating and hilly. Be expected to spend a few hours a day at a time on your feet with breaks for sightseeing, coffee and a taste of the local wine and produce.
The program appears to be full; however, it is mixed with long restful lunches and leisure time for your enjoyment and comfort.
If you need to, you can always take time off from the organised program.
Items not included
- Transport to and from Wangaratta at the start and end of the tour (transfers can be included as a part of your travel package on request).
- Admission fees to places other than those specifically itemised in the itinerary.
- Meals on tour except when specifically mentioned in the itinerary.
- Drinks outside normal mealtimes or additional wine and other drinks in restaurants such as Tea & Coffee.
- Personal transport costs, phone calls and other personal needs.