Mario, Viny and Gianni Vitellone share their love, passion and expert knowledge of Italy to ensure your school group has a truly memorable experience. We draw from our many years of teaching as well as over 15 years of experience as tour leaders for both adult and school groups to give you a comprehensive and enjoyable trip.
As your personal guides and tour organisers, we are bi-lingual, have studied in Italy and have extensive knowledge of the history, culture and the Italian way of life. Our tours can focus on many educational areas such as History, Arts, Food, Music or Archeological depending on requests made by individual schools.
One of the signature features of our school tours program is that a member of our team will personally guide your group for the duration of the tour. Our attention to detail and hands-on approach, means that all aspects of the itinerary are carefully managed, making the experience come alive, whilst eliminating the pressures on teachers during the tour.
We also provide a variety of personalised itineraries to tailor for the specific requirements of schools for independent travel. With our fully accredited travel arm: Pronto Travel, we supply a comprehensive package including Flights, Travel Insurance, Accommodation, Transport, Guided Tours, Educational Workshops and any other travel needs.
Sister School Program
As part of your Italy tour, we can include your sister school as part of your overall itinerary. This would include visits to other destinations that your group would like to visit.
Destinations outside of Italy
We have extended our school tours program to outside of Italy, in countries such as Germany, France and Spain.
If your school wishes to visit one of the above-mentioned countries, we can arrange a suitable itinerary for your school. You may wish to combine visits to more than one country, we at Vita Italian Tours can facilitate this as well.
Our comprehensive services for School Tours include:
- Itineraries are individually tailored to meet the unique needs and budget of your students and school community.
- Fully inclusive packages include airfares, accommodation, transportation, travel insurance, meals, language, art, hospitality, music educational expenses and organisation of tours and events.
- Ongoing extensive consultation between the school community and tour leaders throughout the planning process.
- Reliable, organised and highly experience tour leaders who all speak both English and Italian fluently.
- Itineraries include a well-balanced mix of educational and cultural experiences as well as visits to famous landmarks, galleries and museums.
- Language school experience using only accredited and internationally recognised schools in Milan, Florence, Venice, Orvieto, Perugia, Pescara, Pesaro/Urbino, Salerno, Padova & Taormina in Sicily.
- Accommodation in 2/3/4 star hotels and home-stay with host families (if requested).
- Educational workshops in Florentine leather-making, traditional Venetian mask decoration, Majolica Ceramic making and decoration, master glassblowing demonstrations in Murano, cooking lessons and gelato making.
- Visits to local schools, music conservatoire or art lessons with local artists.
- Language school experiences using only accredited internationally recognised schools in Germany, France and Spain.
- Comprehensive pre-departure kit including maps, emergency numbers, vouchers and background information on destinations.
- Complimentary informative presentations at your school for teachers, students and the school community on request.
Our tours offer: flexibility of destinations, choice of activities and types of accommodation.
The price of a tour depends on a number of factors:
- Number of students and teachers travelling
- Duration of the tour
- Time of year you wish to travel (low or high season)
- Requested destinations
- Type & quality of accommodation
- Extended stays in other countries
- Extra guided tours
- Educational workshops
- Cooking classes
Contact us to plan your next educational and cultural experience to Italy.
Our guests say it all
Our fifth tour managed by Vita Italian Tours validated our reasons for being repeat customers. Another well organised, trouble free experience for all participants. Mario, Viny & Gianni maintained their caring, professional and enthusiastic attitude throughout the duration. All day trips were well planned, providing students and teachers with stimulating and varied cultural activities. Our sincere thanks to all of you at Vita Italian Tours for providing us with yet another wonderful, fulfilling and unforgettable adventure. Already planning our next tour with you at the helm.
— J Fell & M Bassi, Language Co-ordinator & Italian Teacher
Cheltenham Secondary College (VIC)
Prendiville Catholic College has just returned from an amazing school tour of Italy thanks to the experience and expertise of Vita Italian Tours. 34 students and 4 teachers enjoyed most of the main sites – Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento, The Amalfi Coast, Florence, Siena, Venice – as well as a week’s homestay in a small town in Le Marche. On arrival in Italy everything went smoothly and according to plan – all coach transfers, guide meeting points, hotel check-ins etc. Most importantly the students raved about the trip and it has infused in them a love and appreciation of the Italian language and culture. I would not hesitate to recommend Vita Italian Tours when planning a school trip to Italy.
— P O’Donnell, Co-ordinator Languages
Prendiville Catholic College (WA)
I have found this tour to be exceptionally good and it has exceeded my expectations in many ways. Mario & Gianni make a formidable team and work very hard to ensure that the tour proceeds as smoothly as possible. They were attentive to the needs of everyone in the group and work hard to ensure that we gain the most from our experience in Italy. Our students' home stay in Pesaro and bonds developed with their families proved to be invaluable and immensely rewarding for all involved. Mario & Gianni are entertaining, jovial, informative and passionate about Italy and with each city we visited the group achieved a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the history, culture and of the people who were responsible for making it so special.
— C McConnachie, Head of Languages
Sacred Heart Girls' College (VIC)