What can you expect?
The Cultural and Culinary Heritage of the South
The central Appenine mountain range acts as a great natural border separating Italy from East and West. For this reason, the Adriatic regions of Italy are so diverse from their more famous western and northern counterparts. This tour highlights Italy’s rich cultural and culinary heritage visiting the southern regions of Abruzzo, Puglia and Matera. The journey through these regions will focus on visiting unique medieval villages, castles and coastal towns. The tour culminates in an unforgettable stay in the remarkable city of Matera in Basilicata. The authenticity of cuisine and culture as well as the diversity of the landscape make these regions so new and exciting to visit.
Local Knowledge & Insight
This tour will be personally guided by the team at Vita Italian Tours and their team of local experts. We feel very excited to introduce our travellers to this area of Italy. It is where our ancestors came from and where many of our relatives still live today. Your expert tour leaders, will escort you throughout your stay and will ensure you have a wonderful experience.
- Visit unique medieval villages, castles and coastal towns in Italy’s southern regions, with rich cultural and culinary heritage sites.
- Personally guided by the experienced family team at Vita Italian Tours and their team of local experts. With deep knowledge of the area through generations of family living in these areas, experience the areas only the locals go.
- Unforgettable stay in Matera in Basilicata with magnificent scenery.
- Maximum Travellers: 14.
2024 Departures: Spectacular South: Puglia, Abruzzo & Matera
- 08 Sept – 20 Sept 2024 (Limited Availability)
2025 Departure: Spectacular South: Puglia, Abruzzo & Matera:
- 07 Sept 2025 – 19 Sept 2025
Early-bird bookings for the 2025 departure. Places are limited.
Contact us to find out more.
Private Tour/ Independent Travel: If the tour dates do not fit with your travel plans or independent travel is more your style, why not let Vita Italian Tours plan a tailor-made self-drive or chauffeur driven private itinerary/tour for you. Contact us to enquire today.