What can you expect?
This tour is guided by the team at Vita Italian Tours and their team of local experts. Your tour leaders will escort you throughout your stay and will ensure you have a wonderful experience.
Natural Wonders of the World
The Colours of Sicily tour highlights the many natural wonders and cultural treasures that entice visitors to the largest island of the Mediterranean. Surrounded by pristine beaches and spectacular cliffside villages, Sicily is full of historic towns with an abundance of ancient architectural gems, churches and museums. Many of these sites, such as Ragusa, Siracusa and Agrigento, are recognised for their historical significance by UNESCO.
Stay in the Heart of Historic Centres
Experience the unique and traditional lifestyles of the locals. Enjoy a stay in Taormina, located on the east coast of Sicily, perched on a hill about 250 metres above the sea, providing incredibly scenic views. It also practically sits in the shadow of Mt.Etna, Europe’s largest and most active volcano. You can also enjoy the local produce of many renowned wineries which have their vineyards nestled along the sides of the volcano.
Fresh and Authentic Italian Cuisine
On our tours, we take our travellers to famous small local trattoria/eateries, which large tour companies simply cannot get into. Sicily is known across the world for its delicious signature cuisine. You’ll enjoy food and wine cooked by genuine Sicilians using traditional techniques and fresh and seasonal products from each part of the island. Your palate will experience all the seafood specialties, arancini, cannoli and great local wines that Sicily has to offer!
- See one of the tallest mountains in Western Europe and natural wonder of the world, Mt Etna.
- Beginning in Catania, you will explore Aci Trezza, Mt Etna, Ortigia in Siracusa, Noto, Ragusa, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Palermo, Monreale, Cefalu before finishing in Taormina.
- Personally guided by experienced and highly knowledgeable experts with extensive understandings of the local area through generations of family living in these areas. You will experience Sicily as the locals do.
- Maximum of 14 guests in our small group tour.
2024 Departures: Colours of Sicily Small Group Tour (11 Days / 10 Nights):
- 22 April 2024 – 02 May 2024 (Fully Booked)
2025 Departures: Colours of Sicily Small Group Tour (11 Days / 10 Nights):
- 21 April 2025 – 01 May 2025
Early-bird bookings for the 2025 departure. Places are limited.
Contact us to find out more.
Private Tour/ Independent Travel: If the tour dates do not fit with your travel plans or independent travel is more your style, why not let Vita Italian Tours plan a tailor-made self-drive or chauffeur driven private itinerary/tour for you. Contact us to enquire today.